2223–2229 Francisco Street
Marina · San Francisco, CA 94123
-
1925
One of a row of contiguous flats buildings built in 1925 by Sbarboro, Detjen & Jorgensen, who advertised themselves as the “Pioneer Builders of the Marina District” and had put up a hundred and fifty buildings in it by 1929. No member of the firm was a licensed architect; they designed their own buildings and worked with architects including John Ahnden, Reuben Irvine and Laurence Ebbets.
-
Dec 1989
Ewo-s.
-
Oct 1990
Reroofing.
-
Apr 2002
Remodel one kchn and one bth in one unit.
-
Feb 2010
Need to repair backstairs under 50%.
-
Aug 2013
Reroofing.
-
Aug 2018
Replace all windows; rear (non-visible) to be double-hung fiberglass; front windows to be replaced to match existing historic design, operation and dimensions (gridded sdl top sash; single lite bottom sash; ogee lugs). front windows to be aluminum-clad wood in matching dimensions.
-
Aug 2018
Remodel kitchens, baths and closets, add light fixtures, replace and add windows at kitchen and baths, replace furnaces and water heaters.
-
Feb 2021
Reroofing.
-
Feb 2022
Remodel kitchen and bathroom. like for like no wall demolition or consturction.
1 nominal $1 street-space or sidewalk permit is omitted from the timeline.
The row of flats this building belongs to is given two different address ranges in the historical record — 2225–2255 Francisco Street and 2229–2269 Francisco Street — so which buildings the 1925 attribution covers is not settled. Not yet documented: the architect, the early residents and the date of the last recorded sale. Submit an update