2460 Union Street
Cow Hollow · San Francisco, CA 94123
-
1872
Stephen Tilton's house stood near the centre of his lot at Union and Steiner Streets, beside the Presidio & Ferries cable train terminal, with a four-storey pump house and windmill on the property. It was later moved to this address.
-
Apr 1984
A room added at the rear of the building.
-
Mar 2001
Unreinforced masonry foundations replaced with concrete to give an eight-foot basement over the full footprint.
-
Jul 2001
Reroofing.
-
Dec 2003
Renewal of the 2001 foundation permit for the remaining work.
-
Jul 2009
Garage enlarged — excavation and new concrete retaining walls, with no change to the street frontage or the garage door.
-
Sep 2025
A 304 sq ft pool with a 54 sq ft spa built in the back yard, with a certified safety cover and related equipment.
Six of the 32 filings on this address are shown; the rest are street-space permits, $1 renewals made to obtain final inspection on earlier work, and interior kitchen, bathroom and deck permits.
Not yet documented: when the 1872 house was moved here and from where exactly; whether it is the structure the assessor's roll and SF Planning both date to 1900; and what became of the pump house and windmill. Submit an update