1345 Ocean Avenue
Oceanview Merced Ingleside · San Francisco, CA 94112
-
1910
A Sunday school for 1906 earthquake refugees, begun in 1907 in the basement of the nearby Robinson Apartments, moved into the first purpose-built Presbyterian church on this site in 1910 (not extant).
-
1920
The 1910 wood-framed Presbyterian church on this site burned down in 1920.
-
1921
Ingleside Terraces developer Joseph Leonard donated the land and designed the replacement church, built as a place for various Protestant faiths to worship. The context statement's narrative text dates the building to 1921; a photo caption in the same document dates it to 1923. Both readings are recorded here.
-
Aug 1985
Kitchen & toilet renovation.
-
Apr 1986
Install vent hood duct work & blower.
-
Jun 1986
New elevator, new handicap toilet & mens toilet.
-
Aug 1987
Remodel mens toilet, add shower @ basement level.
-
Feb 1989
New electrical service, replace light fixtures, new exit lights.
-
Nov 1990
Remove and install new composition roofing over gymp.
-
Oct 1992
Waterproof building, new lighting, kitchen cabinets, storage area.
-
Apr 1997
Reroofing.
-
Jul 1997
Fire alarm upgrade to ada. add horn strobes to existing fre.
-
Jan 2003
Widen and replace 5 e doors and frames, electrical upgrade, new service, n floor drain in bsmt.
-
Sep 2007
Remove 3' square section of private sidewalk and dig 12" hole. install 3' sqd 12"d footing w rebar per engineering drawings and calcs. deliver and install 5' diameter sculptural sphere by bolting into footing per drawings.cleanup.
-
Jul 2008
Renew appl#2007-0906-1924 to comple work.
-
Nov 2019
Install 18" diameter bronze historic plaque for landmark no. 273 at front entry.
-
Jul 2020
Installation of ul300 fire system.
-
Jul 2020
Install replacement kitchen hood.
2 nominal $1 street-space or sidewalk permits are omitted from the timeline.
Not yet documented: the developer, the early tenants and the date of the last recorded sale. The assessor dates the building to 1909; the OMI Historic Context Statement (2010) gives 1921 in its narrative text and 1923 in a photo caption, for the church rebuilt after a 1920 fire destroyed a predecessor on this site. Submit an update