2066 Pine Street
Pacific Heights · San Francisco, CA 94115
-
1921
The Mme. C.J. Walker Home for Girls opened here in 1921, run by the Walker Club: lodging and job referrals for African American women new to the city, with a social hall and large kitchen used for community gatherings. It ran until 1972, when it moved to Hayes Street.
-
Apr 1990
Reroofing.
-
Jan 1999
Remove stucco and install missing trim.
-
Jan 1999
Horizontal addition.
-
June 1999
Designated a City of San Francisco landmark in June 1999 as the Madame C.J. Walker Home for Girls and Women, and the only designated residence in the Japantown survey area with a recorded tie to the Japanese American community.
-
Oct 2016
Reroofing.
-
Mar 2017
Drilling of soil borings (3) for purpose of geotech investigation.
-
Jun 2018
Voluntary foundation replacement & repairs including peirs, grade beams & slabs.
-
Aug 2018
Temp bld shoring in order to conduct foundation work under permit application 201806081363.
-
Oct 2018
Interior renovation of existing kitchen @ ground level and extending kitchen into existing side yard on east. installing a new deck @ upper level (above kitchen extension). (horizontal addition into rear yard).
-
Apr 2019
Rev permit application 201806081363. as builts drawings showing removed & replaced of stairs, post & girder at g.l.4, provide 3"x10" joist between g.l.a-b and 1-2.
1 nominal $1 street-space or sidewalk permit is omitted from the timeline.
Not yet documented: the architect and builder and the early residents. Submit an update