1520 Green Street
Russian Hill · San Francisco, CA 94123
-
1909
Holy Trinity Cathedral was built at the Van Ness Avenue corner in 1909 as the replacement for the Powell Street cathedral lost in 1906, in an eclectic style combining Russian elements — gilded finials and crosses, a main dome and a polygonal minor dome — with American Period Revival detail. A parish house was built alongside it at the same time. The architect is not recorded.
-
1934
A double flight of stairs was added on the Green Street side in 1934 and the church enlarged by enclosing a section west of the bell tower; the second staircase was later removed and the bell tower rebuilt in 1979.
-
Dec 1998
Reroofing.
-
Jun 2002
Street space permit.
-
Jul 2017
Reroofing.
1 nominal $1 street-space or sidewalk permit is omitted from the timeline.
Not yet documented: the architect and builder, the early tenants and the date of the last recorded sale. Submit an update