457 Bryant Street
East Cut · San Francisco, CA 94107
-
1909
Built by the Pile Driver, Bridge and Structural Iron Workers No. 77 as a mixed-use building holding the union's hall. City directories of the 1920s show it also used by the Labor Carpenter's Union No. 22 and the Warehouse and Cereal Workers No. 38. It is among the oldest surviving union halls in San Francisco and is recognized as individually eligible for the California Register.
-
1934
One of at least two labour halls in the Central SoMa area during the 1934 Waterfront Strike.
-
Nov 2014
Remove existing non-ada compliant restrooms & install ada-compliant restrooms.install new 2nd & 1st level ada compliant kitchenette. add ada compliant handrails to all stairs. all electrical /plumbing/mechaical work under separate permit. n/a meher ordinance.
-
Oct 2015
Install new fire sprinkler system per nfpa 13 throughout the building included underground fire service total = 54 heads. ref #201411212194. n/a maher ordinance.
-
Mar 2016
Installation of a sprinkler monitoring system. ref app#201411212194 n/a for maher.
-
Jun 2016
Revision to appl #201411212194 - raising the guradrail to 42" glass. n/a maher ordinance.
-
Nov 2016
Install new non-load bearing partitions in baseemnt & 1st level. extend firest level guardrail to ceiling. repair/modify existing data/communicaiton network. repair/replace any damaged sheetrock. refinish/replace any damaged cabinetry. all electrical work under separate permit. n/a maher ordinance.
2 nominal $1 street-space or sidewalk permits are omitted from the timeline.
Not yet documented: the architect and builder and the early tenants. Submit an update