1550 Fell Street
Hayes Valley · San Francisco, CA 94117
-
1948
The Convent of Our Lady of Vladimir was established in this Victorian-era house in 1948 by an abbess arriving from Shanghai, after two nuns sent ahead in 1941 bought the property. Eight sisters and novices were living here in 1950 alongside lay staff and lodgers; the convent kept a functioning church in the building until the property was sold in 1995.
-
Jan 1983
Fire escape balcony/foldex drop ladder.
-
Jul 1994
Remove left stairs put on enw concrete steps.
-
Mar 1995
Remove 2 non-bearing, non-structural partitioning walls.
-
Apr 1995
Install sheetrock on existingwall bet dining & living rm-1st floor.
-
Apr 1995
Renew 9410557.
-
Mar 2003
To comply with correction item per complaint #200337000 specifickly replcmnt of side rotten stair.
-
Dec 2006
Repair of existing garage with replacement of garage door, roof deck finishes and railings, repair of concrete walls and slab as required in kind.
-
Apr 2007
Voluntary replacement of interior brick foundation and concrete pads under existing wood posts.
-
Jul 2007
New concrete entry stair @ entry terrace, lighting, repair to existing landscape elements-change to slightly sweeping stairs in concrete treads & marble risers. retain previous metal rail design per permit #2006/1208/9489.
-
Nov 2009
Reroofing.
2 nominal $1 street-space or sidewalk permits are omitted from the timeline.
Not yet documented: the architect and builder and the early residents. Submit an update