455 Fair Oaks Street
Mission · San Francisco, CA 94110
-
1890
Built as the Church of the Holy Innocents, to designs by Ernest Coxhead — the only one of his early Episcopal churches in the city still standing.
-
Jun 1990
Strip all sloped roofs to sheathing, install new plywood.
-
Jun 1990
Const. handicap access ramp with fence and gate.
-
Nov 2007
Replace 5 windows into existing openings. not visable from the street. no structural change. max u factor 0.67.
-
Mar 2009
Reroofing.
-
Nov 2010
New fire alarm system. emergency replacement of old panel with new addressable control panel at the same location & old devices with new at the same location. add new strobes, connect existing waterflow & tamper switch to new panel. nfpa 72 central system monitoring.
-
Apr 2016
Horizontal addition. addition of accessible entry, accessible restroom and ramp at north side of building, sidewalk replacement for transition at base of ramp. (reviewed by eiliesh tuffy, planning).
-
Aug 2020
Existing non-sprinklered 2 story church bld, at the request of owner the existing fire alarm system shall be altered, the existing phone lines shall be replaced with new cellular communicator.
2 nominal $1 street-space or sidewalk permits are omitted from the timeline.
The landmark nomination dates the church to 1890; the assessor's 2025 roll gives the parcel a year built of 1904. Recorded, not reconciled. Not yet documented: the architect and builder, the early tenants and the date of the last recorded sale. Submit an update