1805–1807 Geary Boulevard
Western Addition · San Francisco, CA 94115
-
1912
The Fillmore Auditorium, in the Renaissance Revival style, dates from 1912.
-
Oct 1989
E.w.o.
-
Mar 1993
Struct upgrade of unreinforced masonry building/handicap access.
-
Apr 1994
Modification to original permit #9304919.
-
Jun 1994
New restaurant.
-
Jun 1998
Two openings partition walls/new handicap toilet.
-
Jul 1998
Interior remodel for market & new store front.
-
Jul 2001
New store front.
-
Feb 2011
Emergency repairs caused by water (rain) dry rot and roof repair on electrical room roof. shore up emergency stairs until new plans by adding 2 columns (steel) non structural. remove and replace leaking conduits on exterior of building.
-
Feb 2012
Ground floor - demolition of plywood enclosure, demolition of existing electrical service outside building, relocation of electrical service to interior of the building, new full height partition & doors.
-
Dec 2013
Erect an electric single faced wall sign.
-
Dec 2013
Erect an electric double faced projecting sign.
-
Jun 2016
Erect an electric wall double-faced projecting sign.
-
Jun 2016
Reroofing.
-
Sep 2017
Restaurant t.i.- replace 30 lights, 3 switches, 4 receptacles, sink, grease trap, floor sink, drain, stove. add hand sink, 2 compartment sinks. change hardwood floor & kitchen tile floor.
-
Oct 2017
Install storage room exhaust fan. replace above door window with makeup air louver. door/window storefront is side entrance, not original to building.
-
Oct 2017
To comply with nov #201755951 - replacement of fresh air suppply fans on the roof with equal size & weight. new fans to connect to existing. replacement of existing exhaust fans on the roof with equal size & capacity. new fans to connect to existing.
-
Jun 2019
3rd floor - remove and replace existing gas range, hood, ducting & fan for existing commercial kitchen. range & hood install to be covered in additional permit.
-
Jul 2019
Comply with nov 201964391, replace e stove and hood in music venue.
-
Sep 2019
Ul 300 fire suppression system installation.
-
Mar 2021
Voluntary floor reinforcement at existing 2nd floor music hall.
-
Sep 2022
Ste 1567 - tenant improvement: demolition of non-structural partitions. new partitions, finishes and lighting.
-
Feb 2023
Voluntary replacement of existing front fire stair in-kind and replace alleyway gate.
-
Feb 2023
Voluntary replacement of existing rear fire stair #2, new ada lula elevator from 2nd to 3rd fl, replace concrete pad of side alley service lift.
-
Mar 2023
Voluntary replacement of existing service lift at back of side alley.
-
Apr 2026
Extend the existing service elevator canopy within the rear alleyway to provide continue weather protection over the 2nd fl exterior landing.
DBI holds 61 permits for this parcel, most of them tenant improvements on individual floors. The timeline shows the 24 largest by stated cost, plus the earliest on file; the DBI query in the sources below returns all 61. 4 of them are nominal $1 street-space or sidewalk permits.
The city's Japantown context statement dates the Fillmore Auditorium building to 1912 here, and elsewhere says the Majestic Hall — later known as the Fillmore Auditorium — was built in 1910 at the south-west corner of Geary and Fillmore by Emma Gates Butler and her daughters, to a design by the architects James W. and Merritt Reid. It does not reconcile the two dates. Not yet documented: the architect and builder, the early tenants and the date of the last recorded sale. Submit an update