37.7758, −122.4221 A locator map appears here once a Mapbox token is configured.

261–265 Fell Street

Hayes Valley · San Francisco, CA 94102

  • Built 1927
  • 48-unit apartment building
  • 6 stories
  • Zoned HAYES
  • District 5
  • Historic status: historic resource
37.7758, −122.4221 Street View appears here once a Google Maps embed key is configured.
30,000 sq ftBuilding area
6,000 sq ftLot area
108Rooms · 48 bed, 48 bath
  1. 1968

    The Church of the Advent of Christ the King, most likely the church where an early gay chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous traced its origins to a 1968 meeting.

    Donna J. Graves and Shayne E. Watson, Citywide Historic Context Statement for LGBTQ History in San Francisco, San Francisco Planning Department, adopted by the Historic Preservation Commission November 18, 2015
  2. Oct 1985

    Removal of spalling concrete.

    Expired Permit 8512217 $$$ $70,000
  3. Nov 1986

    Install fire sprinkler to storage rooms at each floor.

    Complete Permit 8613972 $$$ $2,000
  4. Jun 1991

    Storage space built in existing dead space in the corner.

    Complete Permit 9109960 $$$ $1,500
  5. Sep 1991

    Parapet.

    Complete Permit 9117254 $$$ $14,000
  6. May 1992

    Remove dry rotted soffit on westside of building in alley way.

    Complete Permit 9207119 $$$ $2,400
  7. Feb 1995

    Reroofing.

    Expired Permit 9502484 $$$ $10,000
  8. May 1997

    Install central light fixture with switch insulation in ceil.

    Complete Permit 9709151 $$$ $2,000
  9. Dec 2002

    Street space.

    Issued Permit M22414 $$$ $40,000

1 nominal $1 street-space or sidewalk permit is omitted from the timeline.

Not yet documented: the architect and builder, the early residents and the date of the last recorded sale. Submit an update