936–940 Mission Street
South Of Market · San Francisco, CA 94103
-
1915
Built as the Land Hotel and later renamed the Chronicle Hotel for its proximity to the newspaper: five storeys of brick masonry with patterned polychrome brickwork and terra cotta beltcourses, strongly representative of the mixed-use residential hotels put up in the Central SoMa area after 1906.
-
Aug 1982
Building use: hotel.
-
Aug 1991
Reroofing.
-
Jan 2000
Non structural sign.
-
Jun 2000
Replace 10 hallway windows.
-
Oct 2000
In-fill prop. line opening per n.o.v.#200 04662, items#12 only.
-
Feb 2001
Umb seismic retrofit works-general procedure.
-
May 2001
Umb seismic retrofit works-general procedure.
-
Dec 2003
Comply with nov 200341339: install fire sprinllker system to comply with ord#170-02.
-
Feb 2004
To install fire sprinkler system to comply with ord#170-02 (1st fl only) commercial area only. addition.
-
May 2004
Seismic upgrade.
-
Nov 2004
Fire alarm system dialer installation for sprinkler monitoring.
-
Sep 2005
Renew appl#200312182571, 200402035670 for final.
-
Dec 2005
Reroofing.
-
Mar 2006
Revision to permit application 2004/05/21/4578. detail change & nov will taken care under seperate permit.
-
Aug 2006
Renew permit application 200411159116 for final inspection.
-
Dec 2006
As built drawings for previous appl#200608219988 & 200411159116 annunicator shown and final devices location.
-
Jul 2007
Renew permit application 2004/05/21/4578 for final inspection only.
-
Nov 2012
Continous hand-dug underpinning piers along south side of building. sequential pours are required.
Not yet documented: the architect and builder, the early tenants and the date of the last recorded sale. Submit an update